Thursday, July 3, 2008

Leafling socks

March installment of Rockin Sock Club Socks finished!

These photos were taken while I was visiting Raul on call (I brought him dinner on a night when he had to stay overnight in the hospital. Yes, I am a very wonderful wife, you don't have to tell me.) He was kind enough to help me with a sock photo shoot in his call room.

View on 2 feet.


Full frontal.


Intimate heel detail.


Details:
Yarn: Socks That Rock mediumweight sock yarn in color Lucky
Pattern: Leafling by JC Briar
Needles: Size 2 circs
Comments: So FUN! I loved this pattern. The author said she was inspired by Cat Bordhi's new book New Pathways for Sock Knitters. I have to get this book. This sock construction is ingenious. You add the gusset stitches as you go, so you don't have to pick up any stitches for the heel. Amazing. And I love the almost cabley-look of the pattern in the front. I am so going to make this pattern again.

1 comment:

Lorrel said...

Those socks are soooo awesome Shannon! I am amazed each time you post something that you have knitted because it looks so perfect to me. I was happy to hear that you truly enjoyed knitting this pattern and that you are going to make them again. Keep up the good work. Much love,
Grandma

 
website tracking,