Saturday, August 11, 2007

Monkey Socks

Finished! Triumph over second sock syndrome!

Pattern up close and personal:


Finished pair:


Specifications:
Pattern: Monkey Socks from Winter 2006 Knitty
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in color Life's a Beach
Needles: Size 2 Addi Turbo circs, per usual

Comments: Love the pattern - it is visually interesting and easy to memorize. I am very happy with the finished product. The yarn is from my stash - I picked up several skeins during a going out of business sale at a LYS (local yarn shop.) I love it - it is wonderful to work with, and it wears well. I used this yarn for Raul's Jaywalkers, and it has stood up beautifully to many wearings and washings and dryings. For those of you out there looking to get into socks (JPo! - though it's superwash merino wool, so I recommend carrying an injectable pen syringe filled with epinephrine to deal with the anaphylaxis), I highly recommend this yarn.

This is going to be a gifty to one of you luckies out there. I suppose there is no need to keep the identity of the receiver secret seeing as how the element of suprise was blown when I told that person they were going to receive them as their birthday gift. Love you Grandma Lo.

No comments:

 
website tracking,