Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Toe Up Ankle Socks





I had the purple/blue/green variegated yarn leftover from a pair of socks I made for my grandma a couple years ago. I really like this yarn, and I seemed to have an ankle sock pair sized amount, and I really like ankle socks - my resources met my desires! I used this project as a template. A solid color green yarn from my stash was used for the heel and toe and ribbed cuff, and the body of the sock was knit in the previously mentioned variegated yarn. I cast on using this method, and I did a short row heel like so. My first attempt at a short row heel was a DISASTER! I was reading the instructions without really thinking about the actual construction and kind of made up my own thing when I came to a bit I did not understand, and well, it did not turn out well. Here is what became of my first heel:

I cut it out and reknit the heel after realizing what a craptastic job I had done.

In other news, yesterday was my birthday. And I spent it in bed with a horrible cold. No worries, I am now convalescing. This one was a doozy. Maybe it was that mutated rhinovirus that's all over the news. Bad rhinovirus.

1 comment:

Lorrel said...

Shannon I love those short socks, my colors you know. Look terrific on your footsie. And that cake, was it german chocolate by any chance. Man it looks good. I couldn't have done better. :-) Out shoveling snow with a cold, how bad can that be? Do take care girl. You don't look a day over 25! Love you.

 
website tracking,