Sunday, August 3, 2008

Gladiator Stockings

Apologies in advance for the photos. My dear Raul has been putting in 80 hour weeks on his present rotation, and I had to handle this photo shoot solo. It's really hard to take pictures of socks while you're wearing them.

So, I saw the Sex and the City movie recently. I really like the movie, but I totally hated many of the shoes they wore. Those of you that know me, know that I am in no way a fashionista. I think I have been dressing in the same style since I was about 12 years old. I'm cool with that. I pay little attention to passing fashion trends. But I really have to say that I totally hate gladiator style sandals. Blech. After finishing these socks, I noticed they were a little gladiator-ish - the traveling stitches remind me of laces. I like these socks, but I still hate gladiator sandals. I will now stick my head back in the sand, continue to wear the same clothes I've been wearing for the past 10 years, and ignore all things relating to fashion.

Onto the socks!

View of both feet:


View from the back:


From the side:


Details:
Pattern - Cleopatra's Stockings by Yarnissma
Yarn: STR lightweight in colorway "Incredible Shrinking Violet"
Needles: Size 1 (2.25mm) for the foot and Size 2 (3mm) for the upper part of the cuff.
Comments:
I am so happy that I joined this sock club - it's really been a wonderful experience. I love getting a surprise skein of yarn in the mail every other month, and I've really expanded my knitting horizons with the patterns included with the yarn. This pair was quite challenging - knit from the toe up with a provisional crochet chain cast-on. A first for me, and not as difficult as I had expected. All in all, love the yarn and the pattern and the finished socks!

2 comments:

Lorrel said...

Okay, I want to know how you took the picture of the back of your foot?????? I feel you did a good job taking the pics and I love the socks. It was great talking with you this morning, it always makes my day to receive your calls. I shared my feelings about getting your calls in my testimony this morning in sharing how much I love my family and the closeness I feel with and for my grandchildren. Love you both.

Anonymous said...

It's funny you should mention Cleopatra Sandals. I saw a pair at the last wedding I attended about two weeks ago and thought, hey, I might want to get me a pair of those. I do love the socks!
Carrie

 
website tracking,