Saturday, March 10, 2007

Anemoi Mittens

Finished!





Here are the specs:
Pattern: Anemoi Mittens by Eunny Jang.
Yarn: 'Palette' from Knit Picks in colors blush and bark.
Needles: size 0 circulars for the cuff, and size 2 aluminum circulars for the body of the mitten.
Overall, I really enjoyed knitting these mittens. I like small projects on small needles - you can throw them in your bag for knitting during meetings and downtime, and because they are small, you can finish them in a relatively short amount of time. I will most likely be knitting another pair sometime in the future. The pattern was very well written and easy to follow, and Eunny includes a blank mitten template so that adventurous knitters may create their own colorwork designs. The colorwork was very fun, and the second mitten was much easier than the first. (Actually, I liked it so much that I am making plans for future fair isle projects. Raul's requested a hat - maybe this one will do?) So, overall, I am happy with the way these mittens turned out although I do wish that I had made the thumbs a tad bit larger. I may block and stretch them at some future date, or I may wear them as is. Also, I also was very happy with this yarn - very inexpensive, fun to work with, and it hear that it holds up well with minimal pilling. I will keep you posted! I have quite a bit left - I'm not sure if I have enough to make another complete pair....but I do have a friend with a little daughter that is very partial to pink. H - do you think Maria might like a pint-sized pair?

I finished the mittens last night, and this morning I promptly cast on a new project. The Bayerische socks also by Eunny Jang. It's been quite a while since I've done cables, so this should be an adventure.

No comments:

 
website tracking,