Saturday, February 16, 2008

Maria's Hat

I was feeling ambitious a few weeks ago and decided to make matching mittens and a hat for a friend's daughter. The mittens did not happen, but the hat did!

Too cute for words:


View from the top:


Pattern: I cast on 80 stitches (I think) did about 8 rows of garter stitch and switched colors for random stripes. I stockinetted up about 6 inches, and then started decreasing for the crown. I finished off the top with a pompom.
Yarn: Cascade 220 in various colorways from my stash
Needles: Size 7 16" circulars
Fun, quick and easy! And it fits! And the pompom was made with a pompom maker - also fun, quick and easy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks stunning in real life too! Perfect with her snowsuit, her pink fleece, her blue eyes. Thank you. You continue to amaze me.

Anonymous said...

Really cute hat. I love the pompom!!

Lorrel said...

Were you taking a picture of this cap when I received the mystery call? Great job, great model, great stitcher. Was that a sunny day? Kinda looked like it.

Love ya,

Anonymous said...

What an adorable hat and equally adorable little girl!! Love, Myriam

 
website tracking,