Monday, August 25, 2008

The Knitter's Heart

About two years ago, I made a pair of Fibertrend's Felted Clogs for my mom and gave them to her for Christmas. Just recently she informed me that she had worn them so much that the soles now had holes. Take a look:


Hello. I am a handknit, and I am literally worn out. How cool is that?

Seriously, if you want to be the recipient of an unending stream of my handknits, wear holes in the ones I've already given you. Way to go Mom. So, despite my earlier claims of retiring this pattern, I promptly walked myself to a local yarn shop, picked out some Cascade 220 wool, cast on, watched the Olympics, and presto! a new pair of slippers were born.

New slippers, modeled by darling mother:


A lovely profile shot:


Details (same as the previous 15 pairs):
Pattern: Fiber Trends Felted Clogs
Yarn: Cascade 220 wool, about 2.5 skeins
Needles: Size 13s?
Comments: Mom, I will happily make you another pair should you also wear these out.

3 comments:

Ruby Banshee said...

Did you know you can get pre-punched suede soles to put on, so they don't wear through as fast? And aren't as slippery? one example:
http://www.paradisefibers.com/patterns/slippersoles.asp

homeinkabul said...

i love those slippers. They are happy slippers. Put the sassy trim on them for your mom!

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed that you can knit slippers. Wow. I now feel even more untalented than I thought I was before. You rock!

 
website tracking,