Sunday, March 4, 2007

Dr. H's slippers and Grandma L's scarf

While waiting for the weather to improve this weekend, I was able to finally finish some knitting projects, and here they are:

Dr. H's slippers (pre-felted with iPod for scale):


Slippers (post-felting, again with iPod for scale):


Details: These are my oft knitted, Fibertrends Felt Clogs. I used Cascade 220, but you could use any worsted weight, wool yarn. The clogs are knit on size 13 circular needles using two strands of yarn held together. Knitting these slippers actually goes very quickly. I've given several pairs as gifts, and I have been told they're comfortable. This pair is almost ready to go - they just have to dry and have some non-skid coating applied to the soles.

My grandma had requested a warm black eyelash scarf, and I am happy with how this turned out. I used Debbie Bliss alpaca silk in black (gifted to me by a very good friend) knit together with Plymouth Yarn Whisper also in black on size 19 needles. I use this pattern often for scarves, and using such large needles, the project always goes very fast. For you scarf knitters out there that would like to try this pattern, email me, and I will send it to you!

Here is Grandma L's scarf (I like this scarf much more than I like the photographs. My photography skills definitely leave something to be desired.)


A close up of the stitch pattern.


Ready to be mailed!

No comments:

 
website tracking,