Saturday, March 14, 2009

Good Stuff

Raul is enjoying a much deserved vacation (mostly a staycation, as he has been staying at home and helping keep me sane.) He did make a quick trip to NY last week to see his oldest friend and his wife and their cutie patootie of a daughter.

Here is Raul with aforementioned cutie patootie:


Before his trip, I teasingly asked Raul if he was planning on making a trip into Manhattan to buy me goodies from Purl. I have never been to NY, but I really aspire to go, so that I could visit this store. I'm a lucky girl - look at what he handed me when I picked him up from the airport:



Four skeins of koigu sock yarn (two in the purple color and two in the brown/black colorway) destined to make socks for both of us (me the purple and him the black/brown, in case you were wondering.) And 1 yard each of three beautiful fabrics! The yellow in the foreground is a handpainted fabric from Japan. And a little bundle of fat quarters. Que rico! He's a keeper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew Raul had a great taste when he revealed his two great loves...you and the Apple Store.

I can't wait to see what you do with the lovely fabric.

I just checked out a sewing for beginner's book - I'm excited to do some real sewing. I'll report back once I do.
- asiyah

Foster_Times said...

what a man!

 
website tracking,